It's crazy that we've been in London almost a week. It feels so good to have a fridge full of food, library cards, and to get dressed out of the closet, rather than out of a suitcase.
A couple of things about life in London so far:
- Bart isn't one to really comment on my hair but when he came home from school the other day he said, "WOW, your hair looks great." And that is what happens when you go a month without curling your hair and finally buy one that works with a UK plug. I got a super cheap one and the barrel is a little narrower than I like, but I don't even care - it's such an improvement over what my hair has looked like since the end of August.
- On Kayla's suggestion, we've started watching Suits (thanks to a free trial of Amazon Prime. You can also watch the first episode for free) and it's fantastic. We've watched a couple of episodes almost every night this week.
- I'm on a mission to try as many biscuits (read: cookies) as possible while we're in London. Yesterday's test was Jammie Dodgers, which I'd heard about in the Georgia Nicolson books, but had no idea what they are. What they are, it turns out, is ridiculously delicious.
- I'm walking EVERYWHERE. The Tube is pretty expensive (£2.20 each way, assuming you have an Oyster card (if you're paying with cash it's £4.70), which means a round-trip ticket for one person is $7.21 at the current exchange rate; fortunately the girls are both free), so unless it's more than 2-ish miles away, I usually just end up walking. The girls are getting very familiar with the stroller. All this walking also allows me to eat those British treats relatively guilt-free.
******************************************By the way, a couple of my favorite posts on Disney Baby this month, if you're inclined to check them out:
- Easy Healthy Halloween Snack Ideas
- 6 Signs I Have Little Girls in the House
- Things I'm Super Excited about Post-Pregnancy (hello, stomach sleeping)