So obviously I needed a new chair to take Star's in. Happily, Lulu & Georgia sent me this darling rocking chair and it's perfect for round three of monthly photos (not to mention rocking and nursing babies in). Prepare to see it eleven more times this year. P.S. You can get 20% off any order this week with the code everyday20.
It's really not fair to have a baby in February, because they turn one month much sooner than they are supposed to. I feel robbed of two or three extra days.
I've never been a mom who felt super sad about my babies growing up, but it's just about broken my heart on a daily basis knowing how short this newborn and baby stage is. I want to just hold her all the time.
A few noteworthy things about her:
- She's a good sleeper, but she doesn't usually go to bed for the night until close to midnight (which is LATE for me - I like to be in bed more like 10:30 or 11:00 most nights).
- Her hair is dark and I'd love it if I had a blonde, a redhead, and a brunette, but Ella had fairly dark hair too when she was born, although not as dark as Star's.
- She loves to be snuggly, whether it's being held, tucked in her carseat, or in a baby wrap.
- Even though she was over ten pounds at birth, she doesn't seem like a particularly big baby to me (Ani, who was 8 lbs 12 oz at birth, seemed MUCH bigger to me).
- She definitely has her own look, but if I had to choose one of my other girls to compare her too, she looks more like Ella to me, especially when she's sleeping.
- She's my first baby to have a clogged tear duct, which means her left eye is glued shut about half the time and the big girls think it's hilarious that she's always "winking."