Now that we're back in a home of our own (you know. . . for six weeks), I'm really feeling back in the cooking groove.
And it is the best.
I've made dinner basically every night since we arrived and I've been revisiting lots of my old favorites, plus a few new winners too.
(Also, I've always thought you don't need a lot of fancy kitchen equipment to make good food, but I'll admit that this rental house is reeeeeally stretching me thin in the kitchen department. I bought a cheap blender and some measuring spoons, and I spend a lot of time thinking, "I miss my food processor. And my pizza stone. And a real blender. Also a rolling pin.")
2. Chicken & Zucchini Enchiladas with Creamy Green Chile Sauce: I've made this a bunch of times, most recently when my mom was down a week ago for Ella's birthday. I love how many vegetables it crams in there. And the sauce? I could drink it straight.
3. Double Chocolate M&M Cookies: Next to the best ever chocolate chip cookies, these are my all-time favorite cookies. We made these for Ella's birthday, and then Bart and I ate the rest of them after the girls went to bed, like the awesome parents we are. Also, is it immature to love cookies with M&Ms? I guess I'm a five-year-old for life.Balsamic Chicken Pasta with Two Cheeses: A few years ago, we were making this all the time, but then I kind of forgot about it until this last week. And now I've been eating it non-stop for three days. Perfect summertime pasta.
4. Healthy Orange Julius: I did this recipe for Spoonful months and months and months ago (did I ever mention that Spoonful shut down? I haven't been writing over there for a few months now and I'm not complaining about the extra free time I have on my hands to do important things like play Uno with Ella and Ani). I've always loved an Orange Julius, but I don't like that they are basically straight sugar. This one has no added sugar, but it's just as creamy and sweet as the original, I think. Best afternoon snack in the summer.
5. Stove-Top Kettle Corn: I don't really love kettle corn but Bart LOVES it. And then whenever I make this, I'm all "well . . . I guess I'll have a LITTLE." And then I eat half the bowl. Super simple and better than any store-bought kettle corn I've ever had.
6. Balsamic Chicken Pasta with Two Cheeses: A few years ago, we were making this all the time, but then I kind of forgot about it until this last week. And now I've been eating it non-stop for three days. Perfect summertime pasta.
(P.S. More recommended recipes!)