- I'd take you out for lunch at The Flying Stove. We’ll have to track them down though because this isn’t your average restaurant - it’s a traveling food truck that serves gourmet street cuisine. You can order whatever you want, but I'd strongly recommend the chef’s special that day. They serve everything from Cajun style food to Mexican burgers. We’ll have to check their Facebook page to find out where they. Luckily it’s usually some place pretty cool!
- It's famous for a reason! You shouldn't miss the Keeper of the Plains, one of the symbols of Wichita. This giant sculpture stands right where the Big and Little Arkansas Rivers meet. After we snap some photos in front of it, we’ll have to be sure to check out all of the fantastic museums on the river like the Old Cowtown Museum and the Wichita Art Museum.
- Calories don't count on vacation, so we'll stop in and grab a treat at the Farris Wheel. It’s like walking through Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory! We’ll fill our bags with chocolates and trail mixes before we head back out on our sightseeing adventure!
- The weather is perfect and getting outdoors is a must. We'll take advantage of the gorgeous day at the Tanganyika Wildlife Park. This hands-on zoo adventure will be fun for the whole family! Not only will we learn about some cool animals, but we’ll get to interact with them too! Afterwards we should stop by Botanica Gardens to see their latest exhibit or to take a walk through their butterfly garden.
- You're so fortunate to have a Wichita insider showing you around. The locals would stone me if I didn't show you Exploration Place. Even though this museum is aimed at kids, I promise that you’ll have a blast as well! We can test our flying skills in the flight simulator, get the windblown look in the tornado tunnel, and then check out one of the live science shows or see a movie in the giant dome theatre!
- You didn't ask, but I'll tell you anyway that a trip to Wichita wouldn't be complete without visiting Musical Theatre of Wichita. I’ve heard that their production of Les Misérables is going to be a real treat! Doesn't that sound like a perfect way to end the night?
June 1, 2013
A Whirlwind Weekend in Wichita, Kansas
Labels: A Whirlwind Weekend