1. I'd take you out for burgers at Ray’s Hell Burger. Bring your appetite because these burgers are big!
2. It's famous for a reason! You shouldn't miss Library of Congress; it's the most beautiful building in DC. You also can't miss seeing the monuments at night. I especially love the play of shadows and light at the Lincoln and WWII Memorials.
3. Calories don't count on vacation, so we'll stop in and grab a cupcake at Baked and Wired. TV might have brought fame to Georgetown Cupcake, but those of us who know better will skip the line and head to Baked and Wired for a bigger, denser treat.
4. The weather is perfect and getting outdoors is a must. My very favorite spot in DC is the Bishop’s Garden at the National Cathedral. Grab some pizza from 2Amys or bring your own picnic to snack on while you relax in the garden.
5. You're so fortunate to have a DC insider showing you around. For an off-the-beaten path experience, take a free tour of the beautiful Anderson House or explore the gorgeous gardens and antique collections at the Hillwood Mansion.
6. You didn't ask, but I'll tell you anyway that a trip to the nation's capital wouldn't be complete without visiting the museums on the National Mall. You really can't go wrong, but my favorites are the National Gallery of Art and the National Archives. After your museum visits you'll be hungry, so take a walk past the White House to Founding Farmers, a local favorite.
Want to share your city? Email Me!