And I find myself using Gretchen Rubin's mantra "I have plenty of time" when I start to feel rushed on a project or errand. I'm trying to get better about just doing what I can instead of thinking, "Ella is going to wake up any minute so instead of putting in ten minutes on this project and having ten minutes of it accomplished, I'll just waste time instead."
Anyway, here are a few of my favorite time-related (however loosely) items at the moment:
- Snack time! A combination of Bart working a lot, my goal to only eat 2 desserts a week, and many afternoons at home to accommodate Ani's naps means Ella and I are trying a lot of new healthy-ish snacks. And these paleo chocolate chip cookies from Hellobee were fantastic.
- I printed off these free calendars from Tom Kat Studio to use for my blog (it was getting a little chaotic to keep track of things in my head), and it makes me happy every time I open up my binder.
- I am really into rose-gold right now, and I absolutely love this watch. I haven't been much of a watch wearer since I stopped working full-time, but this one might convince me to take it up again.
- 168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think. I checked this out of the library recently (it was one of the books in the Happier at Home bibliography) and I'm looking forward to reading it. You know me and non-fiction. Cannot stop.
- Thyme. Oh I know. So bad. But don't these spinach and artichoke stuffed mushrooms look amazing?
- When we bought Ella's previously mentioned clock, I was astonished at how ugly most clocks are. This clock, though, is pretty awesome. I'm considering trying to DIY one. Our bathroom could really use a clock.