- A panini party thrown by my friend Kasee. She's a great cook and she goes ALL out for her parties. There was a huge table of panini ingredients, Italian sodas, a couple of appetizers, salads, chips, and several desserts. I think she should have one every weekend.
- Putting away the winter clothes and getting out the summer stuff (Ella's were more fun to go through).
- The Joy the Baker cookbook. I checked out a copy from the library and I have bookmarked practically every recipe. I'm especially intrigued by the Goat Cheese Black Pepper Truffles (Bart is more nervous, but whatever).
- A whole week of having Bart off of work. Obviously the highlight of the month.
- All you awesome people who signed up for the appSmitten newsletter. I love you guys.
- This cinnamon chocolate chip cake. It is so easy, no weird ingredients, and it tastes ridiculously wonderful. I made it twice last week and got rave reviews both times.
- Ella's recent love of cooking. She requests to "coooook" at least once a day. Making dinner is so much easier now that she wants to be involved, rather than sobbing on the floor because I'm not playing with her.
- Getting my nails done at the Beauty Bar during SXSW and meeting some of the folks from Daily Buzz.
- Collecting things for Ella's Easter basket. I am so much more excited about this than I should be.
- The gorgeous, gorgeous weather. I am dying over how nice it's been.
- Starting running again several times a week with a couple of friends. So much easier to get out of bed when someone is waiting for you.
- A little elementary school carnival that Ella loved. She rode a pony (I died of the cuteness).
- Having family photos taken by Ralphie. We've only been meaning to have them done for . . . a year.
April 3, 2012
Labels: Monthly Favorites