- Downton Abbey. Y'all are watching this, right? I way missed the boat on the first season and now I'm wondering why no one shook me and said "hey, you're missing some freaking fantastic television here, you idiot." Watching it with Bart is a highlight of my week. Will pretty much die when this season is over.
- The LibroVoce social. My book club had an evening where all the husbands were invited along and we had a really fantastic evening, with plenty of food and lots of great discussion. It was fun for me to have Bart meet all these women I admire.
- How pretty my hot cocoa cookies were. I didn't actually love how they tasted (too much marshmallow), but I loved how they looked.
- Chop, Chop Magazine. This is a quarterly magazine about cooking healthy food with and for kids. My lovely friend Meghan gave me several issues of it and I have loved reading through them. Don't you need friends who introduce you to new and interesting things?
- These new favorite lemon squares (not so tart, really easy, and a nice texture). If you aren't reading A Hint of Honey, you ought to be. It's one of my favorite food blogs.
- Red suede wedges. I bought these about a month ago and now I cannot imagine how I used to get dressed.
- When I was making cookies on the table while Ella sat next to me and she kept trying to grab the cookie dough off the pan. I said, "Stop that! Don't touch those. Take your hand away." So she promptly pulled her hand into her lap and leaned her head down to get the cookie dough with her mouth.
- A great little date night with Bart downtown that included an amazing bowl of butternut squash soup. Also a brownie with Amy's ice cream. Hard to beat. Bless Landen and Adam for babysitting.
- An Amano chocolate bar. This was in the stockings on Christmas morning at Bart's parents and I made it last the entire month (it helped to not share with Bart).
- Ella's new habit of sitting in the fridge and drinking her juice anytime I open the fridge.
- New couch pillows from my mom. A nice (and needed) splash of color in our living room.
January 31, 2012
Labels: Monthly Favorites