Recently, Preethi (who is lovely and one of my recent favorite bloggy friends) commented on something from that list and when I looked at the list, I realized how woefully out of date it was.
Not only were some of the things on the list BLATANTLY untrue now, the whole list just wasn't very representative of me anymore. Someday, when I'm feeling like I have nothing better to do, I'll make a new list.
For now, though,I thought I'd point out a few things that have changed a lot (The item that stuck out most to me was the fact that my favorite foods in 2007 were creamy chicken Raman and string cheese. Erk! I've kind of burned out on string cheese and Raman no longer has ANY appeal for me).
- I hate planning out the weekly menu. (Now I actually look forward to this. Thank you, Pinterest)
- I could eat the same thing for a long, long time.(Meh, now I want variety)
- Currently, my go-to foods are Creamy Chicken Raman and string cheese. (How embarrassing)
- I hate doing the dishes by hand. A dishwasher is the best invention of all time. (After living in Boston, I don't mind doing dishes by hand and I think it's often much faster).
- Early evening is the most depressing time of day for me. (No longer! Did I grow out of this?)
- I would usually rather eat salty food than sugary foods. (Pregnancy made me prefer sugar. Ella's birth didn't make it switch back)
- I love buying clothes in the children's section because they are cheaper and often identical to the adult versions (Can't do it anymore - they just look too . . .childish)
- When I got married, I inherited 7 nieces and nephews. Now there are 13. (Now there are 18 on Bart's side and 1 on my side. Neither number counts Ella)
- Strawberry ice cream (with lots of real strawberries in it) is my favorite flavor. (Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough)
- I am total Mac-addict (I enjoy my iPhone, but I feel like Mac computers are overpriced and comparatively slow)
- Now we own three TVs, but none of them are hooked up to receive any television channels. We are solely a video watching family (We now only own one TV but we have cable (because our apartment has it and it's not optional))
- I don't care much for cooked fish, but almost all raw fish is delicious to my taste buds (I like most fish these days)
- My toenails are always painted (now I leave them unpainted most of the winter and. . . sometimes when it's not winter)
And here I am now:
|Why, this outfit looks familiar. . .|