Hello, crockpot, is basically what I'm saying here.
My family was here this last weekend and between that and the various Halloween festivities, I basically haven't cooked in a week, but here's what we ate the week before THAT.
- Black Bean Soup
- Fig and Beet Tart
- Green Salad
- Steak and Bok Choy Stir Fry over Rice (We had gone out to eat at a steakhouse for Restaurant week and I froze the leftover filet mignon and used it in this. And. . .that was very tasty. Also, I doubled the bok choy because I'm drowning in the stuff).
- Mango and strawberries
- Green Calzones (I used rainbow chard and some random summer squash instead of spinach and zucchini and it was excellent. I also made my own ricotta cheese (much less impressive than it sounds - three minutes in the microwave) and used this pizza dough for the crust)
- Baked Pears with Raspberry Sauce (this is one of my favorite side dishes of all time, mainly because it's pretty much a dessert).
- Green Beans
- Zucchini Pizza
- Carrot Puree
- Green Salad (I roasted the tomatoes and the mushrooms in the oven beforehand and oh man, it was delicious)
- Pork and White Beans (When we went to the steakhouse, Bart also go the most enormous pork chop I've ever seen. He ate until he was full and there was still, no kidding, two-thirds of it remaining. I chopped it up, froze it, and added it to the crockpot in the last two hours of cooking. Also, I left out the sausage because, good heavens, how much meat do you really need?)
- Spinach Salad (the last of the summer strawberries, goat cheese, candied almonds with poppyseed dressing)
Eaten anything great this fall?