I'm among friends here, right? Good, let me admit something very embarrassing.
You may remember that the winner of Tell Me What To Read for March was Maisie Dobbs, suggested by Alison K. I went to get it the other day out of my library basket so I could begin reading it and. . . couldn't find it. I searched everywhere. Nothing.
I went online and looked at my library account. I apparently had never checked it out. I am completely flummoxed by this as I was SURE I had brought it home with me on my last library trip. But, the fact that the library has no record of me doing so and my apartment, which is not that hard to search from top to bottom, has not revealed it, makes me think that I am, in fact, losing my mind. This is unfortunate.
What is even more unfortunate is that someone ELSE in my town had the audacity to check it out so I now have to wait another two weeks for it to be returned so I can start reading it.
So, I'll be doing that book AND another one this month. If I'm not busy trying to remember how to brush my teeth or something, since it appears I've lost a good many brain cells in recent days.
1. Comment with the title of one book you think I should read (any book you want). One title only, please, lest my brain explode.
2. I'll select one comment at random and announce it on the blog by the end of the week.
3. On the off-chance that I've already read the book you select, I'll contact you and ask for a follow-up suggestion (make sure there is a way to contact you either by blog or email).
4. I'll get a copy of the book and read it by the end of April.
5. I'll write a review of it here. Even if I hate the book, I will not hate you.