This has been a pretty great year for us, with a lot of fun trips, a cross-country move, the sale of our house, graduation, and the beginning of new jobs.
As far as reading goes, I'd categorize this as the year of Sarah Dessen, the year of non-fiction, and the year of the Newbery.
I looked through all the books I read this year to pick out my favorites and I realized that I marked 68 as four or five stars. There were really so many great books - a terrific year!
My favorite 10 books of the year, more or less in order:
1) These Is My Words by Nancy E. Turner
2) The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
3) If I Stay by Gayle Foreman
4) Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
5) Little Brother by Cory Doctorow
6) Fire by Kristin Cashore
7) Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
8) The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
9) Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larsen
10) The Luxe by Anna Godberson
Watch for my 2010 goals in the next few days - I've been working hard on them!
Now we're off to have a nice family dinner and then to see Sherlock Holmes, which, you know, is clearly the perfect way to end the year.