Remember how we went to Oklahoma City last year?
We went again. Bart had the whole week off of work and so I decided to ditch my Thursday class and we left right after I finished up work on Wednesday. There's just nothing more depressing than having a whole week of vacation and not using it to do something semi-cool.
This time, we decided to stop for the night in Dallas and enjoy the hospitality of Bethany and Ryan which was one of the big highlights of the trip for me. . . delicious dinner, great conversation, and some excellent viewing of "So You Think You Can Dance?" Oh, fine, the highlight for me was the dessert Bethany made. I dreamt about it the rest of the week. Share the love, Bethany, in the form of a recipe.
Other highlights of the trip:
- Getting ELEVEN hours of sleep one night
- Swimming in a 90 degree pool (and I still got cold towards the end)
- Grilling steak, turkey, pork tenderloin AND bacon. All for one meal.
- Fireworks. They're illegal where we live, so it was fun to actually do some ourselves for the first time in a few years.
- I made waffles for breakfast and the recipe said it made 3 nine-inch waffles, so I doubled it, since there were four of us and two of them were big men. Um, yes, the doubled recipe made about ELEVEN 9-inch waffles.
- I read two books.
And, I know this is so nerdy and I shouldn't even admit it, but it totally made my weekend when we were coming back and took a toll road through Dallas and then DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY because our exit was under construction and had no booth. Yes, apparently eighty cents means that much to me.