Last night, I got home from a seven day trip to Vegas. It was glorious.
- I went to H&M with my mom (Dear H&M, Please open some stores in Texas. Love, Janssen. Dear H&M, For the love of all my money, please do not open some stores in Texas. Love, Bart).
- There were many trips for frozen yogurt.
- We went up to the Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City and saw Cyrano de Bergerac and The Taming of the Shrew. They were both unbelievably good.
- Merrick and Philip met us in Cedar City where we broke up the play-viewing with major birthday celebrating.
- Kayla and Wes came down for two days for Mini BlogHer and we had a blast. Check out Kayla's hilarious post. Also, we managed to make it a whole two days without stealing her baby. So all her friends who doubted her judgement in bringing him to meet an Internet stranger can rest easy.
- On the way home, I sat by a high school kid who kept trying to flirt with me even after I told him I was 1) married and 2) seven years older than him. My favorite part was when he told me that this was the second time that day he'd tried to talk to a girl who'd turned out to be way older than him. The first time, just as he was about to go over and say hi, a little boy ran up to her shouting "Mommy! Mommy!" Some people are just born awkward.
And, as great it is to be home and see Bart again, I wish this trip wasn't over. Bart needs to look for post-graduation jobs in Vegas.