I don't talk tons about Bart here because I'm rather allergic to being publicly sappy, but I just called him to tell him that we got a new receptionist at my office and, well, he acted so interested about this most mundane of topics, that you need to know all the other awesome things about him.
1) Last night, we got home from his last day of class at about 8:00 p.m. and he went in and cleaned the bathroom. The man is a rockstar.
2) Speaking of his class, he's gotten a 100% on both of the tests (only the final remaining). The averages for the class have been 72% and 76%. On the first test he was the only person to get a 100%, and on the second, only one other person got a 100%.
3) I saw his director at his office a few days ago and he told me what a fantastic job Bart is doing. This is the kind of thing you like to hear from the person who controls your husband's job.
4) Pretty much every kid at our church thinks Bart is the greatest thing ever. He taught a bunch of them to thumb wrestle and now they always want to challenge him. And he sometimes lets them win.
5) Bart doesn't read as much as I do, but he's always asking me about what I'm reading and actually listens while I recount the plot in great excruciating detail. And then he acts interested.
6) We've finally discovered an audio book genre that we love listening to together in the car - hello, children's fantasy.
7) He's a great LOST/24 watching partner.
8) He does the dishes every single night, even the dishes I avoid, like muffin tins, crockpots, and pans.
9) He irons his own shirts every morning for work (bless him).
10) He fits right into my family; it's never awkward or weird to have him around at family events and he is always equally thrilled when my family comes to visit us here.
11) He loves to travel and he's a great traveling companion (mostly because he lets me have the window seat on the airplane). I can't wait to go to Dallas and Oklahoma City next month and San Francisco in August.
12) He likes adventure and new fun things. I can always count on him to want to go somewhere new, try out a new restaurant, go see a play, etc.
13) He doesn't begrudge me doing my own things, like skipping off to Vegas for a week next month leaving him alone. Or letting me go to London for eight weeks in our first year of marriage.
14) He has really opened up the world of food to me. I know like all sorts of things I had no idea I might love (hello Thai food and sushi).
15) He is ridiculously supportive of the things I want to do. He convinced me I definitely should apply to grad school if I wanted to and not worry about the cost. He is always telling me I don't have to work full-time or even part-time if I don't want to (he seems to have forgotten how much I like the money).
16) He'll watch any movie with me, even ones like "Penelope" and "Pride and Prejudice."
He's a keeper, as my mom would say. Hopefully you have something to be as happy about on Friday.