People, we are warm weather snobs. And nothing makes it more obvious to me than when it warms up after a few cooler days and I realize "I never want to be cold again." Also, I'm just 1000000000 times happier when it's sunny and warm, which it was this weekend.
The warm weather was even nicer because we actually took advantage of it. We were planning to go to the gym on Saturday, but when we went to the car, we noticed that our tire was flat. We drove to Discount Tire where they promised us they'd repair it for free, but it would be about 90 minutes. So we took a four mile walk. Wearing shorts and t-shirts. Oh, it was marvelous. (We may have laughed snidely to ourselves when we imagined our friends and family in Utah freezing their tails off).
Besides the warm weather, here are a few other reasons this weekend was excellent:
- I finished three books ("Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian," "Because of Winn-Dixie," and "Coraline").
- I planned out the menu and shopping list for next week (one of my least favorite things to do).
- I made a delicious dinner tonight (Shepherd's pie, corn bread muffins, kiwi, and chocolate pudding) and made two spectacular home-made pizzas.
- We watched several episodes of Lost.
- We hung out with Band Ralphie on Friday night and G and M on Saturday. And Holly and Brad tonight. We are party animals.
- I got a haircut yesterday (I like getting a haircut even if it turns out to be a lousy haircut as this one appears to be thus far - we'll see how it looks tomorrow after I wash it).