Gretchen tagged me, and I do whatever someone featured on Whoorl's Hair Thursday tells me to do, so here goes:
What I Was Doing 10 Years Ago: Embarrassingly, ten years, I was just turning twelve. I frankly remember very little about this year. I do remember, though, that when I turned twelve, my mom bought me my first pair of nylons, which was thrilling. And I got to start shaving my legs, which was probably the best part of this year, sadly (or at least the most memorable).
What Was I Doing 5 Years Ago: This, on the other hand, was one of the most awesome years ever. I was just starting my senior year in high school, and I'd just turned seventeen (which was an age I loved being). I'd been worried about my senior year because many of my friends were a grade ahead of me and had now gone off to college, but it ended up being my favorite year of high school. In theater, I got to direct a number from "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" (the Peter Rabbit song, if anyone is wondering, which you probably aren't because you're busy dying from the extreme nerdiness you see here) and I was Amy in Little Women. Forensics was completely, completely awesome and I took first place in Dramatic Interpretation at my first tournament which was almost exactly five years ago. I got into BYU, I got a scholarship, and I passed both of my AP tests with a 4 (even the one I didn't take the AP class for). It was a lovely year. One to be remembered.
One Year Ago: We had just returned from our cruise (hello, most awesome week of my life, I miss you). We'd bought a house a few weeks before and were now getting ready to move. I spent many hours by myself in the empty house painting. Also there was no air conditioning, so it was very hot work. I was STILL not done with my classes, and I had now been nannying for six weeks. Life was grand.
Yesterday: I went to work, I finished "The Thirteen Tale," I made dinner (Chicken Divan. . .mmm), and I went to Institute. It was a nice, but not exactly thrilling, day.
Five Snacks I Enjoy:
1. String Cheese
2. Ice cream
3. Sweet and Salty Granola Bars
4. Fruit Snacks
5. Chips and salsa (or guacamole)
Five Things I Would Do With 1 Million Dollars:
1. Pay off our house immediately.
2. Invest about $800,000 of it.
3. Buy a new kitchen table.
4. Buy an actual bed (in king size, of course. . .goodbye, queen bed)
5. Go on a long trip.
Five Places I Would Love To Run (Away) To:
2. A Cruise Ship (preferably on a Mediterranean cruise)
3. San Francisco
5. Las Vegas
Five TV Shows I Like:
1. 24 (if you're not watching this, you have no idea what you are missing. Do not mess with Jack Bauer).
2. House. Becca recently posted a few choice lines from House, and I've replayed them in my mind all week. Here is my favorite:
Dr. Robert Chase: How'd you like it if I interfered in your personal life?
Dr. Gregory House: I'd hate it. That's why, cleverly, I have no personal life.
Oh man, that line is so hilarious! Watch this show and rejoice in the awesomeness of Hugh Laurie.
3. Gilmore Girls.
4. Smallville (in the glory days. The last season or two: meh)
5. Remington Steele
Five Things I Hate Doing:
1. Putting away Laundry
2. Planning the Menu
3. Driving on one-way streets
4. Defrosting meat
5. Waking up early after going to bed late (death first!)
Five Biggest Joys Of The Moment:
1. Our cute and clean house.
2. That I've be able to do so much reading this week.
3. My two new birthday purses (they shall be photographed and shared before my next birthday).
4. Sleeping in a little this morning.
5. That it's FRIDAY!
Five People That I Tag:
I will be completely offended if you don't do it (ha, just a little joke - I don't care at all if you don't).